Eggs are a very beneficial food and we should consume them more frequently. Namely, they are the perfect way to start your morning, i.e. they are nutritional, healthy, and easily prepared in different ways.
Eggs have amino acids, iron, and antioxidants, and the most important thing about this food is to always buy organic eggs in order to obtain these compounds. Did you know that the human body produces 11 fatty acids that are essential for our health and one egg contains 9 more?
According to experts, if a person lacks any of these 9 fatty acids, there could be problems with hair loss, tiredness, poor skin quality, loss of muscle mass and poor immune system. If you aren’t an egg lover, you will surely be one after reading all the amazing health benefits from their consumption.
Take a look:
- An egg or two per day will strengthen your immunity as eggs contain selenium which maintains the proper functioning of the immune system; it fights off infections, and regulates the thyroid gland hormone.
- Eggs are rich in amino acids that better the mental health. Also, they regulate the serotonin levels, serotonin being the key neurotransmitter responsible for our relaxation and happiness. By consuming one egg every day, you will feel more relaxed and stress-free.
- Although one egg contains 200 mg of cholesterol, eggs actually regulate the cholesterol levels in the body. In fact, they lower the bad cholesterol and increase the good one.
- Even though most of vitamin D is absorbed from the sun, eggs can also provide you with this vitamin. Hence, vitamin D is crucial for the health of the bones and teeth. This vitamin also activates the calcium absorption- a compound important for the health of the heart and good metabolism and digestion.
- Eggs have the power to better your cognitive functions. Namely, eggs are rich in choline- a nutrient which encourages brain development and it also jogs the memory. According to newest studies, this nutrient can lower the risk of dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, cognitive impairment, and neurological disorders.
- Opposite to the common belief that eggs need to be excluded from your diet when you want to lose weight, eggs are actually rich in many nutrients that will help you feel sated for a longer period of time. Also, they are low in calories. Studies conducted by the journal of the American College of Nutrition and The International Journal of Obesity showed that eating eggs for breakfast will make you eat less during the rest of day, thus, it leads to healthy weight loss and loss of body fat.
- Eggs are amazing for the health of the eyes as they are rich in lutein and zeaxanthin that are known to decrease the chances for age-related macular degeneration and they also protect the eyes from harmful UV rays. These potent carotenoids lower the risk of cataracts by 50%.