Looking for a fruit that is both tasty and healthy? If this is so, you’re at the right place- papaya is the fruit you need. Namely, it’s rich in a lot of vitamins and minerals like calcium, fiber, thiamine, iron, papain, niacin, and phosphorus. What’s more, the minerals in it improve the functioning of the immune system and alleviate digestive issues.
However, what you may not have been aware of, although you consume papayas, is that their seeds are also highly beneficial. These are only some of the health advantages they offer:
- Better the health of the kidneys-avoid renal failure by consuming papaya seeds on a regular basis.
- Improves liver function-papaya seeds have the power to detoxify the liver. Hence, grind and mix 6 seeds in a smoothie, juice, or another meal. Do this for a month and you’ll notice improvement soon.
- Destroy cancer cells-thanks to the isothiocyanate they contain, they’re very efficient in treating prostate, breast, colon, lung cancer, and leukemia.
- Antimicrobial properties-papaya seeds possess antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties so they’re very beneficial in treating illnesses like Staph, E. coli, Salmonella, Typhoid, and Dengue fever.
- Destroys parasites-as they contain carpaine, an alkaloid, papaya seeds are highly beneficial in removal of parasites and intestinal worms. Hence, they achieve this by bettering the protein metabolism in the body, thus, making the digestive tract inhabitable for parasites.
- Improve the digestion-being rich in papain, an enzyme, these seeds ease the breaking down of protein.
- Natural contraceptives- lower your sperm count by consuming papaya seeds. This won’t negatively influence your libido.
The seeds can be consumed either raw or crushed or ground.
Important to know:
Pregnant women should avoid papaya seeds
Breastfeeding and nursing mothers shouldn’t consume papaya seeds
Always consult your physician before giving your children papaya seeds